Since 9/11, terrorism has been in many ways Islamised and...Read More
Who We Are?
SESAC is an independent non-partisan and non-profit indigenous think tank focused on security analysis and studies ,public policy research.
SESAC is guided by the recognition that security and development are two sides of the same coin implying that there can never be development without security on the one hand, and security cannot be sustained without development on the other hand.
Membership to SESAC is open to any academic or practitioner who feels that the objectives of this think tank resonate with his/her aspirations and interests. We have founding and associate members.
SESAC depends on generous funds from members and other well wishers. We invite you to donate to the cause of promoting a global understanding of the tenets of sustainable peace, security and development.
SESAC has a competent team of founding members (See their profiles) namely Dr. Asiimwe Solomon, Dr. Anna Abaho and Mr. Patrick Kachope. Below these are the technical people who do administrative work including the Executive Director and the one in charge of finance and administration.
In order to achieve our mission, vision and objectives, SESAC undertakes the following activities
- Monthly Community of practice discussions and paper presentations
- University-based academic seminars and workshops
- National and international conferences on security, peace and development
- Security policy reviews and briefs
- Research, trainings and consultancy in areas of corporate security management, projects and programmes
- Publications of monograms, journal articles and books.